Research and Development Tax Credits
R&D tax credits are a tax relief designed to encourage greater R&D spending, leading in turn to greater investment in innovation.
R&D Tax Relief is a valuable government tax initiative set up in 2000 to reward UK companies that spend time and money on research and development in to order to develop new products, processes, materials, devices or services; or enhancing existing ones within their industry sector.
By claiming R&D Tax Relief we can help you reduce or clear the amount of corporation tax paid, or receive cash credits if you have not paid corporation tax.
Does my Company undertake R&D activity?
Key qualifying areas:
- Bespoke/Customised Products
- New Product Development
- Environmental Improvements
- Compliance & Governance
- Developed/Improvement of Software in-house
- Problem Solving for Customers’ Needs
Whilst R&D Tax Relief rewards innovation in Science & Technology, this can branch across a whole array of sectors. Some of the key industries are listed below, but there are many others. It is the type of projects and activities, not the industry which matters.
Industries we have claimed for:
- Accommodation & Food
- Admin & Support Services
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
- Electricity, Gas, Steam & Air
- Specialist Care Homes
- Financial & Insurance
- Health & Social Work Providers
- Information & Communication
- Mining & Quarrying
- Online Retail
- Other Services Activities
- Professional, Scientific & Technical
- Public Admin, Defence & Social Services
- Real Estate
- Training Organisations
- Transport & Storage
- Water, Sewerage and Waste
- Wholesale & Retail Trade, Repairs
Instruct us to start your claim process
Technical Due Diligence
Finance Due Diligence
Submission to HMRC
Why should I work with Innovation Relief Specialists?
Consultative and risk-free engagement for clients
Fifteen years plus R&D relief experience
Multi Industry knowledge including, manufacturing, engineering, IT/Communications & pharmaceutical
Fully managed service
Ongoing support, advice and thought leadership
Highly developed outsourced solution for professional partnerships (E.G. Accountants)
Partnership programmes for incremental revenue creation